Bronx Man Stabbed Woman 2x, Then Tried to Bribe Her 

Offered $4K to Stop Her from Testifying


NEW YORK– A jury convicted a Bronx man of stabbing a woman on two sepparate occassions and then tried to bribe her to prevent her from testifying.


District Attorney Darcel D. Clark announced that Shakur Carrasquillo has been sentenced to 16 to 22 years in prison in the stabbing of a Bronx woman whom he later tried to bribe so she would not testify truthfully against him.

Clark said, “The defendant attacked the victim, causing serious injuries, and when she was ready to serve as a witness against him he tried to corrupt the criminal justice process by offering her money to lie to a grand jury. I applaud the victim for going forward in the case, and now her assailant will serve time in prison for his crimes.”


District Attorney Clark said the defendant, Shakur Carrasquillo, 40, of East 213th Street, was sentenced to 16 to 22 years in prison for Attempted Assault First Degree, second-degree Assault, Bribery of a Witness, Perjury and Conspiracy by Bronx Supreme Court Justice Robert Neary. Carrasquillo was convicted by a jury on March 19, 2018.



According to trial testimony, in August, 2015, the 26-year-old victim passed a gun to two men who shot at the defendant on White Plains Road. The defendant chased the victim down and stabbed her. Then, on February 20, 2016, on Holland Avenue, Carrasquillo and another suspect got out of a car and stabbed the victim in her stomach and in her right ear. He was arrested in that incident, and then had a relative offer her a total of $4,000 to lie about the incident in the grand jury.


The case was prosecuted by Assistant District Attorney Ilya Kharkover, Supervisor in the Public Integrity Bureau, and Assistant District Attorney Shannon Henderson of the Public Integrity Bureau, under the supervision of Omer Wiczyk, Deputy Chief of the Public Integrity Bureau and Wanda Perez-Maldonado, former Chief of the Public Integrity Bureau, and the overall supervision of Stuart Levy, Deputy Chief of the Investigations Division and Jean T. Walsh, Chief of the Investigations Division.


District Attorney Clark thanked NYPD Detective Robert Konner of the 47th Precinct Squad and Department of Correction Investigator and Liaison Scott Frank for their assistance in the case.

You may also like...